Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tour Of The Coe Homestead 2012

It's time to see what's happening on the homestead.  This year, there is a lot of gardening, and quite early in the year too. The way everything looks, it should be late May or early June, but, it is actually May 6, people!  Amazing!  There's so much green out there.  As you might imagine, I am super pleased!

My happy place, the garden!




Leeks, onions, garlic, cucumbers, radish 


This bed is squash, tomatoes, peppers, basil...sounds like a good soup!


Butternut


Cabbage



Arugala

Cilantro


Spinach - this is the first year I have been successful at spinach!


The salad bed.  mmmm, salad.



 Strawberries.  We added a lot of new strawberry plants this year. They had sort of petered out.



The new herb bed, things like Dill, Thyme, Rosemary, Sage, Flax, Milk Thistle etc.


Here is my husband enlarging my corn bed. The corn all ran into each other last year.


I helped too!


There's more going on - but that's enough for today!  Now, go outside and garden!  - Jenny




No comments:

Post a Comment